Interactive e-learning with multimedia content
Eye-Learning – a joint project
Young graduate optometry engineers and admago GmbH developed the initiative and content for this innovative e-learning programme and technologically implemented these ideas.
Eye-Learning, a project for optical lens design, is focused on a target group that is or would also like to be professionally involved in optics and optometry. Spectacle and refraction measurement represents a supreme discipline that can only be optimally practised with continuous training.
The very minimal selection of teaching materials that discuss refraction measurement in theory and practice make the necessary training more difficult. Instead, common literature/works provide theoretical and schematic approaches. There is no knowledge training in the form of applications, and the deterioration of knowledge is correspondingly high.
The innovation of Eye-Learning
What makes Eye-Learning special for the user?
- Eye-Learning is adapted to real-life treatment scenarios.
- Eye-Learning enables training at any time and anywhere as it has been developed as an online application. You simply log in online and begin.
- The large amount of experimental data means that every programme sequence is varied and therefore sophisticated.
- Because of the integrated trainers that can be called up at any time (help function), the programme is simple and self-explanatory.
- The interactive multiple-choice system guarantees fun while learning, an individual learning speed and immediate feedback on learner success.
- The documented assessment after each chapter serves as proof of qualification for employers or educational institutes.
The benefits of Eye-Learning
- Eye-Learning guarantees high learner success by:
– ease of use (multiple-choice, feedback, help)
– high flexibility (speed, location and time)
– the use of the most modern technology
This means that knowledge can be acquired, then consolidated and developed via continuous training.
- Eye-Learning guarantees low costs. There are no further training costs in the form of travel, accommodation, catering, seminar and employee absence expenses.
- Eye-Learning guarantees increased customer satisfaction and therefore a competitive edge.
Customer satisfaction is achieved by a quick diagnosis and a low error rate when measuring the spectacles of the customers. The prevention of errors is also a priority target of quality management systems.
- Continuous further training ensures high employee motivation. This is achieved, for example, by a low rate of uncertainty when measuring spectacles. According to a study at opticians’ businesses, it is known that sometimes only one employee within the business is involved largely in spectacle measurement. If this member of staff is in a customer consultation or away (because of a holiday, illness or training), the other employees attempt to improvise, carrying out the spectacle measurement with a high degree of uncertainty. This often takes an excessive amount of time and unfortunately does not yield optimal results for the customer. The employees are then frustrated and demotivated as the budget for further training is also regularly limited.
- The documented evaluation in the Eye-Learning programme after each chapter can be used as proof of qualification for the employee’s files, a tool to motivate employees and as proof in the quality management system of the company.
Eye-Learning is useful for all phases of a company’s internal knowledge management system: » setting knowledge objectives » knowledge identification » knowledge acquisition » knowledge development » knowledge preservation and » knowledge evaluation.